Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Weekend Barn Supervisor.
The individual in the weekend supervisor position will be accountable for:
· Managing barn staff members on weekends
· Acting as point person for communication on weekends
· Assigning, supervising and assisting with daily tasks on weekends
· Contributing to the maintenance, health and proper care of school and boarder horses
· Feeding, watering, mucking, turning out
· Assisting with Equestrian Center facilities and grounds maintenance and upkeep to ensure a clean and safe environment
· Assisting with veterinary visits, as needed
· Assisting with tacking and longeing, as needed
· Dragging rings and operating dump truck, as needed
· Communicating closely with Director and Barn Manager as issues arise
· Completing additional tasks as required by Director or Barn Manager
Candidates should have previous horse experience: management experience is preferred.
Candidates must have strong customer service skills, as well as be self-motivated and able to work independently with a demonstrated eagerness to understand all aspects of the operational matters of the barn. Physical requirements include an ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, as well as an ability to lift, carry, and move 50 pounds repeatedly. Candidates must read, speak and understand English and have a valid Massachusetts driver's license. This is a 40 hour/week full time position and candidates must be able to work both weekend days.
This is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of the Karen Stives ’68 Equestrian Center.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.APPLY NOW