Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of IT Associate – Systems Administrator/Network Manager. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
• Managing the School’s virtualization infrastructure composed of VMWare vCenter and Horizon View solutions
• The management, reliability, maintenance, and support of the School’s network infrastructure including LAN/WAN/WiFi environments
• Managing internal DHCP, DNS, and Firewall configurations, as well as all IP routing and VLAN configurations
• Managing intrusion detection, prevention, and gateway antivirus
• Managing Active Directory user and group maintenance
• Managing multiple Microsoft Windows servers including client-server database applications
• Managing disaster recovery procedures
• Working with team members to ensure interoperability, performance, and availability of network resources including websites, databases, VoIP phone system, and other network-based solutions
• Working with the Director of Information Systems on network design, resource allocations, and other projects as instructed
• Assisting with Help Desk activities, as needed
• Providing Tier II technical support, as needed
Primary responsibilities are the oversight, management, and configuration of Dana Hall School’s wired and wireless network infrastructure including network security, bandwidth allocation, provisioning, and interoperability among various network-based resources on campus. In addition, this position manages the virtualization infrastructure composed of Windows-based servers and disaster recovery systems. It also maintains a variety of database applications for the community including support and upgrades.
Candidates should have an ability to work collaboratively and independently. Other requirements include a Bachelor's degree and experience managing a network within an organization. A working knowledge of audio/visual systems and Google Apps management is preferred. Candidates must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time, as well as lift and move product up to 60 lbs.
Successful candidates will be creative, curious, professional, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and productive, as well as have a strong work ethic and an ability to work effectively and multi-task in an active school environment.
This position will interact with every aspect of the Dana Hall School community. It should be understood that some infrastructure and/or system maintenance may require off-hour working hours. Whenever possible, these instances would be known and scheduled in advance.
This is a 12-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of Information Systems.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.