Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Student Activities Coordinator. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
• Building community grades 9-12 through clubs and student activities
• Coordinating on-campus and off-campus weekend activities for Upper School students
• Developing student activities and events in conjunction with Dana Hall clubs and organizations, as well as peer schools
• Fostering continuing connections between the boarding and day community
• Creating and managing the weekend duty schedule for Upper School faculty
• Advising the Student Activities Club
• Coordinating or assisting with Student Affairs initiatives, such as orientation, retreats, leadership workshops, and end-of-year events, in addition to major Upper School events and traditions.
• Serving as a Class Dean
Successful candidates will be creative, energetic, organized, outgoing, and able to bring vibrancy to student activity programming for Upper School boarding and day students. Candidates must be eager to connect with, encourage, and support students, as well as able to work closely with and coordinate colleagues.
Candidates should have a college degree and prior experience working with adolescent girls. Other requirements include excellent communication skills, an ability to multi-task and maintain details, in addition to the flexibility to manage multiple and, at times, competing priorities.
This is a ten-month, part-time, benefits-eligible position reporting to the Upper School Dean of Students.
The Student Activities Coordinator Position may be held in conjunction with other roles at the school such teaching, coaching, and serving as a House Assistant. Candidates should apply separately if they are interested in other positions.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.