Given the underrepresentation of women in many science-related careers, a strong high school education in the sciences is especially important for young women. Development of the students’ understanding of the natural world and their role in it, their ability to apply the methodology of science, and their awareness of societal concerns relating to science are fostered in Dana Hall’s science program.
Courses are designed to be challenging and encourage student responsibility, independence, and precision. The sequence of Dana Hall’s courses highlights the interconnectedness of the natural sciences and allows students to apply the knowledge they have gained in previous years.
- Conceptual Physics / Physics 9
- Accelerated Chemistry
- Chemistry Honors
- Biology (Molecular or Ecological)
- Physics and Engineering
- Astronomy and Natural Science
- Current Topics in Science: Science and Society
- Advanced Placement (AP) Biology
- Advanced Placement (AP) Chemistry
- Advanced Placement (AP) Physics C (Mechanics)