On November 6, 12 members of the Dana Hall Model United Nations Club participated in a full-day conference hosted by Phillips Exeter Academy. The conference brought more than 300 students together to debate issues ranging from Transgender Health Care to the inequities of Major League Baseball.
The group departed from the Dana Hall campus at 6 a.m. For five of the Dana Hall participants, the event at Phillips Exeter marked their first conference, and for 10 of the Dana Hall delegates it was their first in-person Model UN experience. The group worked hard to prepare and represent their countries/characters, and several students were recognized by the Phillips Exeter Secretariat:
- A. Sedunova '24 won best delegate in her committee on Transgender health care
- M. Ahmed '23 won outstanding delegate in her committee on the Turkish-Kurdish conflict
- E. Williams '26 won honorable delegate at her first conference, in her committee on the impacts of cryptocurrency
- S. Wang '24 won outstanding delegate in her NATO committee
- L. Dorsey '23 won best delegate in her committee on the 2021 MLB lockout
- A. Thames '24 won best delegate in her committee on the popular TV show "Squid Game"