Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Nurse/PNP (from about August 31, 2018 – January 4, 2019). The individual in this position will be responsible for:
• Providing health assessment, telephone triage, med administration and care of acute and chronic medical/mental health issues
• Managing student health needs including medications, episodic care, wellness needs
• Providing associated documentation and appropriate communications regarding student care
• Utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
• Medication management
• Developing and implementing of individual health plans
• Coordinating medical emergency responses
• Routine school medical management of student illnesses
• Maintaining school records via Magnus EMR
• Collaborating with the school personnel to ensure the safety and well-being of the students
• Teaching reproductive health classes to students
• Educating staff regarding Epipens, allergies, and health maintenance
Successful candidates possess excellent social, written and oral communication skills; strong crisis management skills; an ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines; the flexibility to manage multiple and, at times, competing priorities; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to genuinely connect with students ages 9-18 and their parents/guardians; the ability to address the developmental needs of female adolescents and young woman in an informed, compassionate manner; and the ability to be team oriented and collaborate with a variety of disciplines within the school and medical communities.
Candidates must be either a registered nurse or nurse practitioner licensed to practice in Massachusetts, as well as CPR and AED certified.
This a temporary, full-time position reporting to the Director of Health Services. The nurse in this position will work Monday through Friday, plus on-call hours two nights per week and one weekend per month.