Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Cataloging Librarian. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
• Cataloging all library materials (copy cataloging and original cataloging, edit MARC records, maintain catalog)
• Providing reference services: conducting formal and informal reference interviews with students and faculty
• Providing course and classroom support as needed
• Supporting the operation of the library and its programs
• Acquiring, maintaining inventories, and troubleshooting circulating AV (cameras, etc.)
• Supervising students visiting the library and offering support and guidance to them, as necessary
• Supervising on-duty student employees
Successful candidates will be kind, creative, curious, and detail-oriented with strong organizational, communication, and accurate record-keeping skills, as well as have a strong work ethic and an ability to effectively work and multi-task in an active school environment. Candidates should be comfortable with rapidly changing technologies, have experience working with young people, excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work collaboratively and independently, as well as enjoy reading and working with adolescent girls.
Candidates should have a Master's degree in Library/Information Science, cataloging experience, proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps, as well as experience using Apple products. Work experience in a school or library environment is preferred, as is familiarity with TLC. Candidates must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time, as well as lift and move product up to 60 lbs.
This a temporary part-time position that will last from late August through December 18th. The Cataloging Librarian will work 21 hours per week from Tuesday to Thursday, including Tuesday evening coverage (Tuesday: 1:45 pm - 9:45 pm, Wednesday: 10 am - 5 pm, Thursday: 8 am - 3:30 pm). Several additional shifts for professional development, training, and school events are anticipated. The Cataloging Librarian reports to the Library Director.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.APPLY NOW